Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 59 to 67, and 68 to 76 #The100dayproject

We are well past the half way mark on the 100dayproject. Three quarters of the way into this challenge actually. And what a challenge it has been. I've certainly learned a few things about dedicating time to this challenge. It can be tiring thinking up new designs all the time. But i guess that is the challenge after all. I've tried to use different techniques and learn as I go. I have enjoyed creating some patterns and others perhaps not as much. It will be interesting to see all of them together in the end. I have learned, that the more effort and time put into developing the motifs makes for a more interesting pattern, however i have surprised myself with the simplicity of some of these patterns and how much I like them.
The 100dayproject is helping me work through my strengths and weaknesses and where I need to focus more in illustration, design and pattern making. I have loved getting back to traditional methods with watercolour and completing the design using photoshop. I don't know if I have a distinctive style, nor if that is important. I just want to be true to myself, my art and create with my heart. Happy Day 59 to 67 and 68 to 76.
Julie :)





No comments:

Post a Comment