Friday, March 27, 2015

The Easter Bonnet

When I was a little girl my Mum made my sister and I Easter Bonnets. I don't remember much about them actually, being so young, but my older sister assures me they were beautifully made. I think there was a competition each year in primary school for 'the best' Easter Bonnet, and I'm sure Mum put lots of effort into making these beautiful creations every year. She was always crafty, and our grandmother was a milliner, so perhaps the hat making skills were passed on. I do remember my Mum making crepe paper party hats however. Creased and folded and glued to a flat type of cone that sat jauntily on our heads, complete with crepe paper bows tied under our chin.

In the lead up to Easter, I hope you get to make an Easter Bonnet of your own. The crazier the better :)

Easter bonnet parade, illustration, pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment