Monday, February 16, 2015

MATS Bootcamp January Assignment

January saw me drawing Edwardian style brooches in the mini assignment as part of the Lilla Rogers Make Art that Sells Bootcamp. I had so much fun doing this. I loved the intricacies of the brooch jewellery. The symmetry, delicate floral forms, ornateness. I did discover it was very hard to draw symmetrically. I worked on a few ways to overcome this. At first using graph paper to copy the first side, then I took it into illustrator to speed up my workflow. The wonders of image trace and a few hours of tidying up the line work, but I was happy with my progress.

The main assignment was to design a journal cover using the theme and some of the previous brooch illustrations. I had assistance from my partner Simon of Simonrimages. If you get a chance, you should check out his photography. He is very creative. http://www.simonrimages.com

He took a photo of my styled desktop with added props, and I mocked up my artwork onto the journal.

So here's the final I submitted to the January Gallery. You can also view it at the link below.
http://bootcamp.lillarogers.com/bootcamp-january-2015-gallery-2/

Journal design_mockup, MATS Bootcamp January assignment



1 comment:

  1. Wow, your journal looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete